And so it begins...

To blog or not to blog? Oh heck why not...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

What I've been working on...

So this week i finally finished my layout I had been working on for my daughter.  It's the first layout I've done in a long while so I'm not sure about it yet...lol  We are our own worst critics right?  In addition to that this week I've been making a few hair accessories for my daughter and niece.  I did a few more of the pinwheels.  My daughter was a volunteer at Amity Acres Day Camp last week and we wanted one to "match" her shirt so blue and orange it was!
Oh and I also crocheted a little flower with some baker's twine I got from The Twinery  I purchased the sample pack to see how I'd like it and I love it!!! My daughter can't wait to use some for a friendship bracelet!  I made the cutest flower with the Lemondrop color and then stitched a blue bead in the center and sewed it to a bobby pin I also put a dab of "super glue" and the stitching by the bobby pin and under the bead for extra security! 
Then late last night I crocheted another flower out of some DMC floss in purples for my niece then when I was picking the bead for the center I decided to try to use the tiny letter beads I have to add something extra special to hers because she's an extra special girl!!!  (She did give me free kisses yesterday!!...lol)  I haven't attached to a bobby pin yet because I'm not sure if I want to do that or get a clip and attach it to stay in her hair better? Hmmm... what to do.  Oh AND then I remembered another flossy flower I had crocheted the other night in golden yellow so I did the bead with the tiny word "cutie" in the center because the purple one came out so CUTE!!!  What do you think??? I would love to do one with her name but it's 9 letters...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment